• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Match Reactions - CL SF Leg Two

Missing

Errors
    None​

Juventus 0 - 1 PSG (PSG win 4-1 on aggregate)

Our European journey is over at the semi final stage. We came into the second leg trailing by 2 goals so all out attack was what was required, however we never felt likely to overturn the deficit against a good squad.

To our surprise PSG came to play open football and didn't change tactics every 10 minutes which says to me they felt like they'd got the job done in the first leg.

As the first half was coming to a close, with the balance of play pretty even, Joao_Felix went and got himself sent off 2 minutes into injury time and our task grew even harder.

Into the second half, PSG put the tie to bed just 3 minutes into the second half and that's all she wrote.

Statistically it was an even game and an even tie overall but when you're up against a team who are stronger in every area, this is how it goes but we'll take the extra abs, minutes and prize money that we've earned along the way and move onto the remaining league games.
    Season 2 - DPT Cup Winners - Juventus

Comment

Juventus 0 - 1 PSG

The brief was simply not to lose by 2 goals. Whilst Counter attack would have been the obvious choice, there was always the possibility that our hosts would try the Long Ball, so i wanted to gain any tactical advantage rather than give it up. I was still confident that we would have the advantage whatever Juventus threw at us. The stats suggested an even game, but i would expect our better goalkeeper and superior forwards to win any "even" game. We were probably helped by the red card. but i dont believe we would have lost the game by 2 goals even if they kept 11 players on the pitch.
      We win the tie 4-1, and on reflection, this has probably been the easiest knock out CL tie we have had over the last 3 seasons, so i look forward to the EFL Cup final. However, it will be a totally different proposition in the CL final, when we play Real Madrid for the sixth time this season, after a draw and 2 wins to each team. Whatever the outcome, it will be a victory for the DA

Comment

Real Madrid 5 - 2 Manchester United (9-3 AGG)

"The first leg of this game basically sealed the deal. I put a decent amount of time into preparations for the first leg, but not so much this game. We still had a good game plan per say, but it just didnt take much thought at all. I wasn't too worried at all given the three goal lead", said the Galaticos manager Steven K. Talbot.

Madrid then put forth a display worthy of making the Champions League Final with 33 to 13 shots, as the "Prem Killers" put Man Utd to the sword (twice) to add the Red Moaners to the collection of prem skulls pillaged this season (Villa, Chelsea and Leeds already sitting inside Talbot's long trench coat as trophys).

"We read Utd like a book. Fair play to them, they came to fight but unfortunately Man Yoo was no match for the Los Blancos on either night.", added Talbot. "What makes this special, is that whatever happens the Dark Arts Club takes home the Champions League with PSG also making the final. Which for sure will ruffle some feathers and tickle some arses. Ed and myself remain fierce rivals, and also steadfast friends, so if I can't win it I'll be happy if he does. But I do think we win".

Comment

Real Madrid 5-2 MANCHESTER UNITED

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	25
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	89118

Comment

Working...
          X