• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Match Reaction - Round 38

No Missing/Errors

Thanks everyone for another fantastic season

AC Milan 2-3 Lisbon

First of all thanks to Nick for running the games and congrats to Steve, a well deserved title.

A nothing game for me, but entertaining nonetheless with Lisbon having TA for most of the game but struggled to get clear.

Well played Cheyenne and good luck with AC next season

Comment

Inter Milan 3 - Bayer Leverkusen 2

We went into this match knowing that a victory would almost certainly guarantee us a place in the Champions League for next season and we took the lead through Coman in the 4th minute.

Leverkusen equalised before Gnabry got his first of the the game and we got to half time with a 2-1 lead. On the hour mark we took a 3-1 lead as Gnabry got his second before Lozano got a second for Leverkusen with 10 minutes to go but we held out to come away with a 3-2 victory meaning we finish the season in 7th in the table.

My target when I arrived at the San Siro was to secure Champions League football for next season - mission accomplished although I would have like to have completed it earlier than we did.

We've made a couple of transfer changes, bringing in Gravenberch as a much needed defensive midfielder to line up alongside Adli in front of the back 5 while we also looked to replace Emi Martinez in goal following a series of penalties given away.

Massive thanks to Nick for another great season.

Comment

Roma 5 - 2 Juventus

A nothing game for us turns into a nightmare as our GK is wrongfully demoted an extra ab to make him 24 rated for the cup final rather than 25 rated like he should be. I won't be attending the game so one of my assistants will have the chance to lead the team out.

Onto the game and as per usual, Roma play 51004A and score with the first action of the game. Unusually we pulled level on 17 minutes and even took the lead after 37 minutes. We knew it was too good to be true and Roma went on to score 4 second half goals to seal all 3 points.

Statistically we were battered today and deserved nothing but with squaddies being played it's what we expected. I'm sad to see you go Derek but I won't miss playing you, I don't think I've ever beaten you and only maybe once got a point from you. All the best, good game.
        Season 2 - DPT Cup Winners - Juventus

Comment

Real Madrid 6 - 1 Celtic

Rested my keeper (backup Pickford is 24r) and 2 forwards for this game, but otherwise a solid team was picked for this game which was a bit of a risk considering the CL Final. As it was we romped home 6-1 winners to finish the season in style as we lifted the EFL1 trophy before our adoring fans. GG Mati.

I see Derek did end up getting his treble, or something with 3 in it anyway, by finishing 3rd.

Hope you make a return at some point Derek it's been a pleasure.

The hard work for the season is now done, and the CL Final is a bonus opportunity for us, so we will sit back for a few days before we need to snap into action for that one.

Big thanks to Nick for running the league flawlessly.
          Last edited by Steve@Chelsea; 01-05-2024, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Well done Steve T, and a great season from ACM too. Fair play.

Comment

Roma 5 2 Juve

We've experimented a bit with our tactics this season. But felt it was only right to give the fans a treat with the final appearance of The Roma Way. (And the usual demolition of Banks Junior).

And so it ends.

Congrats to Steve on winning the title with ease.

I've previously mentioned I came to FFO at a very low point in my life. The distraction and banter was an important part my healing. So it'll always hold a special place in my heart. I can't thank JB enough for his tireless efforts in running an incredible game. And keeping the lunatics mostly in check.

Thanks to the match runners. Who voluntarily give time every week to run the games.

To all my rival managers who've put up with my provocative media and many cheeky offers. I'm relieved (most of) you eventually realised I'm an ok guy. Despite my questionable persona as the Roma boss.

And good luck to Hamza. I've given Roma an embarrassingly bad last season, so that it'll be easy for you to improve.

Comment

Atletico Madrid 6 Lazio 1

......and just as the season is ending Atletico start playing. A shot count of 21-5 resulting in a big win thanks mainly to a ridiculous start to the game that saw the home side 4-0 up after only 7 minutes. The Lazio heads were down as their champions league dreams were getting smashed to pieces.

Manager Simon Marsh commented "Its a shame we have waited 38 games to play and win well but we finally just about did enough to land a shot at the Champions League which we have managed every season i've been here. We really should have finished a lot higher in the league. We have played well enough but the gods have been very harsh with us this season. I am not sure how many weeks we have spent in the top-8 over the season but it is not many. The terrible start to the season has taken a long a long time to slowly improve and we nearly caught 5th place in the end. Its a shame we couldn't play for another 4 games or so because we will have rotten prize money now"

Good game Drum

- many thanks to JB and Nick / JohnBoy for all the hard efforts. Truly appreciated here

Comment

Working...
                X