• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Match Reaction - Round 42

Missing Sheets

Errors

Error Points

Congratulations to Ed on a brilliant season and a well deserved title.

Please to come from behind to a draw against a tough team and manager in my last game for lyon and possibley ffo so thnx nick for running the games

Comment

Lyon 3-3 lazio.

end of season and caretaker sam got the result to keep us in front of Leverkusen and Napoli.

we’ll work on the side now.

money to use.

thanks to all involved in running

Comment

Real Madrid 3 - 1 Rangers

Was surprised to see Rangers turn up with an E, which made our pre game research useless as we also started with E. Despite matching tactic and HA, the away side got the first goal and you think here we go. A switch to A though got us the TA and we came through to win with three goals from Mendy, Hjoland and Elliot who scored his 30th of the season. Both Rodrygo and Elliot end up sharing the top scorer award for the club with 30 goals each. GG Burrows.

Not a stellar season from us by any means. We did well in the CL, topping our group, beating Roma in the QF's and losing narowly against eventually winners Barca in the semi-final stage but we have to be disapointed with the way the league went.

Many thanks to the games admin who put up with our banter and general chaos.

Comment

Thanks to Nick for being a great match runner, absolutely brilliant.

Well done to Ed on the title.

Sociedad 1-0 Napoli

We save our bacon with an end of season win that see’s us pip Schalke to 19th place. Diego Jota again showing what he’s all about with another goal but also another sending off.
          Really feel for Schalke and Chris, they’ve brilliant all season and we just managed to get a bit of luck in the last few games.
          Played Chris.

Comment

Roma 3 - 4 PSG
            Very satisfying to win at Roma, even though we left a few stars on the bench to avoid them levelling up. But sods law, Lamptey and Pino both levelled up on 2nds. Another terrible performance by weetabix fingers. To say the game was A v C and A v A the shot count was relatively low. 7 points out of 18 for Roma sees them fall away massively at the end, and we take the league by a massive 14 points , just missing out on a 2.5ppg return by 1 point. We also smashed the points tally but was only able to equal the highest goals scored tally.
            We probably rode our luck at times and always had plenty of cover when players were out. I dont really think there is too much difference in quality between the Roma and PSG squads when you look at the mains. Roma had some bad luck throughout the season, losing their GK for 5 games i think. Maybe they will get the good fortune next season.
            GG and unlucky Derek. I am sure it will be a lot tighter next season
            Last edited by Ed@PSG; 01-11-2023, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Juventus 2 - 1 Schalke

A win to end the season, knowing we would finish 3rd or 4th depending on results.

Coming into this, Schalke needed a point to secure survival however their surprise A tactic from the last round was nowhere to be seen in Italy as they countered our own A with C.

After a very quiet opening to the game, the visitors took a shock lead on 12 minutes. We stuck to our guns with A and tried to make an impact on the game.

On 35 minutes, we won a freekick after a back and forth half. Who stepped up? C_DeKetelaere fired us level in his final game for the club.

Schalke were the better team up until the break but we went in at half time at 1-1

Into the second half and on 58 minutes, we thought we had a penalty only for VAR to rule against us. 6 minutes later we actually DID have penalty and A_Isak, on HIS last game for the club slotted the ball away and put us into the lead.

Schalke came at us on 71 minutes, matching up with us playing A and we started to control the game. Their attacking approach didn't yield a goal and we ran out 2-1 winners, clinching 3rd place but unfortunately relegating Schalke in the process.

Statistically it was a fair even game, we created more chances but overall we didn't dominate which is disappointing.

Good game Chris.

A season review, we finish 3rd in the league on 83 points with the 4th best defensive record and 5th best attacking record. We finished above some great teams in Atletico Madrid & Real Madrid......And some not so great teams in Inter Milan & Bayern Munich.

To top if off we lifted the DPT trophy last month, all in all a good season. BUT we had this 2 seasons ago and fell away last season so while we play a very different brand of football these days, we need to continue to work hard and evolve into a good team next season too. Big thanks to Nick for running the games, and JB for being GM
              Season 2 - DPT Cup Winners - Juventus

Comment

Leverkusen 4-4 AC Milan

With AC missing their goalkeeper and fielding a 16 rater I decided to play A and go for it, but he made more saves than my 22 rater, so… what can you do.

An exciting end to my time at Leverkusen and a top 10 finish. Extremely happy with how this ended and hopefully someone else can take them to the next level.

Thanks to Nick for running the games.

Comment

Atletico Madrid 1 - 4 Inter

a game with no importance for both sides and both decided to go for it in a game that had a lot of action, i believe there was over 50 shots on goal between the sides and tbh the score isnt a fair reflection of the game it was so open either side could have scored, Son got his hatrick though and now departs the club for Celtic, we finish 6th but tbh we didnt really care where it was just as long as CL football was secured. gg mate and congrats to all the league and cup winners

Comment

Bayern 1 Barcelona 2

Nice to finish the season with a positive result and looking at the stats it was just about deserved.

Our league form wasn't really good enough culminating in a 7th place finish but we lifted the EFL Cup and the Champions League which was beyond our wildest expectations and will be a hard act for us to follow next season....although there is a part of me thinking it might be time to move on from Barca so we'll see what happens. I think that's been 4 years/8 seasons so a change could be appealing. Maybe the more sedate life of the Premier League would suit me better in my advancing years

Huge thanks again to Nick for running the league so smoothly and to all the admin for their hard work throughout the season. JB continues to be an absolute legend in that regard.

In the meantime I'm quite looking forward to having a wee break especially from Discord. Will keep tabs on the Forum though to see if any interesting projects come up in Angleterre

Comment

Atletico 1 Inter Milan 4

GG GS

Reliant on information from Inter Milan as the website moves forward to season 3. Sounds like it was an entertaining defeat in which we once again couldnt score.

04th place finish is very good overall as we have started the last 3 seasons expecting that it would be a hard scramble to finish top 8.

Thats 08th 07th 06th and now 04th since taking the helm at Atletico. Cant see us improving on that for some time and cups provide the better opportunity for silverware. Expect to see the PSG, Roma, Real and Juve make up next seasons top-4

Many thanks for JB, Nick and JBoy for all the hard work over the season. Appreciated.

Comment

Roma 3 4 PSG

Game has gone so will do this from memory...

Fearful PSG played with 7 defensive players which explains the very low shot count. I think the shots were even - with the PSG scoring machine getting the edge.

Grateful I'm not leaving couldn't cope with this as my last game.

Obviously we remain a class above the rest of EFL but will look to complete our treble with the Champions League or EFL title next season. Despite having 900m in the bank doubtful we'll be able to improve our team though.

PSG have been astonishing this season and fully deserve the title. Well done Simon.

Special thanks to JB, Nick & John for running my games.

You keep a lot old men occupied.

Comment

Monaco 4 - Marseille 0

We welcomed Marseille along the coast for a game that we knew we had to win, and hope that Dortmund didn't also get a win in order to achieve our pre-season objective of DPT qualification for a third successive season after a blip in the previous few matches.

Both teamed lined up showing attacking intent, and surprisingly the game remained goal-less at half time as we cancelled each other out, however 10 minuntes into the second half we decided to replace the passing ability of Arthur with a more goal focussed player in Awoniyi and only 5 minutes later he'd made an impact chipping the Marseille keeper with almost his first touch to give Monaco a 1-0 lead.

The next 20 minutes saw both sides mount attacks with little to no success, in the 82nd minute Monaco defender Cresswell was fouled and Marseille took this as the sign to collapse. From the resulting free-kick Immobile found Jovetic on the edge of the box who powered a shot past the keeper for his 18th of the season, almost from the restart Immobile found himself through and got his goal following a mistake by Mamardvili and then to finish off the mayhem Awoniyi scored a second, after intervention from VAR, to give Monaco 3 goals in 4 minutes and an ussailable 4-0 lead.

Good game Euan, good luck for next season.

Congratulations to PSG on a deserved title, its going to take something special (or catastrophic) for teams to catch up in the next few seasons.

We started the season looking for a good cup run, and aiming to qualify for the DPT again next season. Losing finalists in the DPT and qualification secured we've achieved what we aimed for this season, we've also started the process of rebuilding with Hradecky and Aubameyang both moving on and being replaced with Gollini and Awoniyi who have both fitted in well.

Finally thanks to JB and Nick for keeping everything running through another season, here's to season 3!

Comment

Working...
                          X