X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond the Bernabéu: Real Madrid Match Day Chronicles

EFL1 - Round 1

Rangers 0 - 7 Real Madrid

We played Rangers recently in the pre season tourney and beat them 4-2 at a neutral venue. So we knew we stood a good chance of a win here, but playing away from home is always a different matter and I expected a tighter game to kick off the new season.

That said, everything clicked here, Rodrygo was on fire with a hat trick and at half time it was already 0-6 to Madrid. As these things do when a team romps away with it in the first half, the second half is often much tighter and La Real added just one more goal through new signing Tadic, from Roma, who came on as a sub to score on his debut to make it a seventh heaven start for Real Madrid.

Madrid unfortunately drew a bye for the 1st round of the EFL Cup. Steven K. stated that he would much rather play the game and have a chance of getting knocked out, than go through with no game and no effort.

January Word Count
    Post 1 - EFL1 - Round 1 - Rangers 0 - 7 Real Madrid (155 words)

Talbot REACTS to Madrid qualifying for Cup Second Round

Interviewer: Real Madrid qualify for the 2nd round, thanks to a bye. Welcome to round 2 without a sweat.

Steve K: Yeah, great. I'd rather have taken part in the absolute Bukkake going on though and smashed the purple fanny out of those gagging for it abs on offer.

Inteviewer: Yeah, er, let's cut that bit out...

January Word Count
    Post 2 - Talbot REACTS to Madrid qualifying for Cup Second Round (66 words)

Comment

Real Madrid 4 - 3 Bayern Munich

"I'm sorry for my late response to the media for this match, I kinda watched the match then got busy with training. Not even sure what else happened in the league, I need to catch up. But this was a fantastic comeback with two late, late, goals which stole a win over a young Bayern side who must have thought the three points was there's.

I'm disapointed with the result to be fair, as the away side only had a poor keeper between the sticks with their main man injured, so we should have won by more, but Bayern had a solid game plan and did well. They are young, and will come good, but although it was a poor performance by us, we still got the three points and showed some grit to get there at the death. Good game, Jon."

January Word Count
      Article 1 - Supposed Advantaegous Byes, Inaccuracies, and the What-If Cup Dream (500 words, not inc table)
      Article 2 - Madrid manager REACTS to 'predictable' verbal media diarrhea from Bob Banks (519 words)
      Post 3 - EFL1 - Round 2 - Real Madrid 4 - 3 Bayern Munich (148 words)

Comment

Real Madrid 4 - 4 Inter Milan

Entertaining game for the neutrals in terms of goals anyway. I thought we had nicked it with a late goal from super sub Sturridge but Inter got the leveller they deserved at the final whistle. An even game, a draw is fair. Well played, Garysean. Inter I'm sure will do well this season.

Next up we have the fake ageing galaticos away from home in the cup. We will be underdogs for that one for sure. But on the other hand, I'm actually feeling quite confident. Bring it on Derek.

January Word Count
        Article 1 - Supposed Advantaegous Byes, Inaccuracies, and the What-If Cup Dream (500 words, not inc table)
        Article 2 - Madrid manager REACTS to 'predictable' verbal media diarrhea from Bob Banks (519 words)
        Post 4 - EFL1 - Round 3 - Real Madrid 4 - 4 Inter Mlan (96 words)

Comment

Roma 0 - 4 Real Madrid

Before the match we was saying "What if?".

What if we could beat Roma in the cup, that would sure be embarassing for Roma after they had spent the entire buildup to the game running down the status of Real Madrid. Egg squarely splatted on Derek's face after this result.

A tactical masterclass as Derek would say. Real put the fake ageing galaticos to the sword and for the 2nd season in a row dumped them out of a cup on their own ground. Not many teams will enjoy 62% possession at the Stadio Olimpico, but Madrid did, as we all made it look in the end quite comfortable.

The treble for you Derek will have to wait for another season. GG

January Word Count
          Post 5 - EFL Cup R2 - Roma 0 - 4 Real Madrid (127 words)

Comment

Monaco 3 - 3 Real Madrid

Entertaining game in the principality. A back and forth, even game. Johnboy usually always puts up a great fight so it was no surprise to find ourselfs in a bit of a battle tonight. We didn't get the three points though and that in our minds in two points dropped. At least the fake galaticos lost, our win against them in the cup putting them into a bit of a tailspin, so we actually gain a point on them but the bad news is PSG march on nicking yet another tight game for them showing they know how to win close games, something we need to re-learn.

Varane is out for 2 games, so we will have a hole to fill in the defence.

GG Johnboy.

January Word Count
            Post 6 - EFL1 - Round 4 - Monaco 3 - 3 Real Madrid (131 words)

Comment

Real Madrid 6 - 0 Marseille

With Varane out injured for this game, it was time for pre season signing Tadic to make his first start for the club and he responded with a goal, his 3rd of the season so far the other 2 coming from the bench. Also making his full debut was Virgil Van Djik who joined just a few days ago from struggling Glasgow Celtic. Virgil started on his debut and looked good in the white shirt of the Los Blancos and didn't look out of place in a steady debut. Rodrygo scored another 2 goals to make it 9 goals from just 6 games to wrap up what was a one sided game.

We did have a measure of good fortune in this one as Trent Arnold Alexander went off injured, and we feared the worst for the Champions League game midweek against Villa, what with Varane already out. However, we luckily faded an injury spell for TAA and he will be fit to face the villians, avoiding us needing to play a 17 rater.

January Word Count - 1,921 Words

Post 7 - EFL1 - Round 5 - Real Madrid 6 - 0 Marseille (179 words)

Comment

Real Madrid 3 - 2 Aston Villa

Villa came came to pass and move, but they didn't get to the line much. They had a lot of the ball, but didn't do much with it in terms of key passes. There was a few tactical switches throughout the game from both sides, but it seemed to be the A vs P combo which always worked in our favour. Tadic amongst the goals again, showing what a shrewd signing he was, but it was left to Rodrygo to be the hero for the Galaticos scoring the late goal despite us being down to ten men at the time. GG Ian, well played, and a good effort.

With new signing VVD's red card, it means he swaps with fellow defender Varane on the ascence list for the next match.

January Word Count - 2,057 words

Post 7 - EFL1 - Round 5 - Real Madrid 6 - 0 Marseille (179 words)
                Post 8 - CL Game 1 - Real Madrid 3 - 2 Aston Villa (136 words)

Comment

EFL1 - Round 6
                  Atletico Madrid 0 - 2 Real Madrid

Derby day in the EFL1 with both the Madrid and Milan derbys on the same day. This was a very tough away game fixture and I'd have been content with a draw. We mixed things up here with the old European style of play and perhaps took the element of suprise over Atletico who played on the counter. We took the lead through Doku who has been outshined by Rodrygo so far this season, but today he made sure he had his own time in the sun. Madrid mostly had the tactical advantage in this one, although Atletico flirted with it for 5 minute spells for a period in the second half as they tried to find a working formula. Atletico got a man sent off and that made it a little easier for us, as we finished strong and scored a second goal through Sterling right before the final whistle. A very close game, and a hard earned three points over a good team. GG Marshy.

EFL1 - Round 7
                  Real Madrid 3 - 2 Napoli

The Galaticos decided to attack aggressively in this one with VVD on the bench and Tadic once again starting in a front 5. Napoli changed their tactics from their usual recent D to a C to counter Madrid and they performed well. Still Madrid easily won the shot count, and somewhat luckily won the game with a 91st minute goal from Leao. I say lucky, as it was a late goal, not lucky because we didn't deserve to win, because we did. We luckily avoided an unlucky result.

Next up is the Champions League and an away trip to PSG. The last time we went to their park, we decided to attack aggressively, and got turned over, so it remains to be seen how we will line up against Clark's team. A loss would not be the worst thing in the world this early into the groups, but as always, we will be going for the win, one way or another.

CL - Game 2
                  PSG 3 - 0 Real Madrid

A fairly mixed bag of cauctiousness and attack from us today, hoping to snag the TA at various points of the game I hoped PSG would flip. We did end up with some TA and had a strong A v P or C v C for most of the rest of it, but neverthless it wasn't enough at all today to overide HA and a strong PSG team. I don't belive there's much between the two teams on paper, a slight edge to PSG maybe, aside from the HA which gave PSG the advantage in this one but I'm surprised about how bad we got beat on the shot count considering. We got a bit of a bottom smacking but we won't let it bother us as this was pretty much a shot to nothing for us this early in the groups. GG Ed, a strong win for you, well played. Long way to go though yet.

EFL1 - Round 8
                  Barcelona 4 - 5 Real Madrid

Excellent performance on the road in the El Clásico, until, well, it wasn't really.

We set up to counter Barca, and into the second half we was 0-4 and 1-5 up with I think about 20 minutes to go. Donnarumma then continued to show that he's slavered his gloves with butter this season as he let in 3 more goals one after the other, a couple of them were pea rollers that even I could have saved. To conceed 4 goals from 6 shots on target is down out right despicable and on near negliance levels. He's been terrible all season. Thinks he's made it since his big money move from Marseille but I just gave him a real rocket up the arse in the locker rooms. I'm not happy. Not happy at all with his levels of performance and he needs to shape up, or ship out.

Thankfully, the rest of the team carried Donna well enough that we deserved the win in the first El Clásico of the season, but once again and an eventful game between the two teams. GG Livi.

EFL1 - Round 9
                  Real Madrid 6 - 2 Bayer Leverkusen

Bayer had a defender out so we went for the kill. Guimares was dropped to the bench and Tadic came in for a start. Two goals from Doku, Leao, one from Varane and a 13th of the season from Rodrygo sealed a dominant win. Next up we face PSG again in the EFL Cup. They have a defender out as well, so do we keep the same instructions as we had here or take a more conservative approach? Questions yet to be decided, but whatever the case we need a better performance than what we managed away to them in the Champions League.

DOM Cup - Round 3
                  Real Madrid 3 - 6 PSG

I'm going to be sick of the sight of PSG this season, I'm sure of it. Lined up our strongest formation, but never got to implement our game plan as PSG took a big early lead after they expertly countered us with N. 1-4 down, we pulled it back to 3-4 at half time, but PSG further added salt to the wounds by pulling away in the 2nd half with two more goals. If we lost the TA it wasn't going to be pretty, and it wasn't. Fair play Ed, nicely done. I'm hoping for an all DA quarter final lol.

EFL1 - Round 10
                  PSG 1 - 0 Real Madrid

I feel like our game plan was decent, as good as I could have done I'd say. We put in a good showing away from home - but PSG are just a superb well run team and when your not getting much rub of the green as well when you need some to come away from Paris with anything, well things are just not going to go your way. The three defeats to PSG would crush the ego, will and determination of many, but I'm not your average cat. As Apollo said, "Without some damn war to fight, then the warrior may as well be dead, Stallion!" Get up off the floor, and off we go to start again. GG Ed.

February Word Count - 1,067 words

Post 9;
                  EFL1 - Round 6 - Atletico Madrid 0 - 2 Real Madrid
                  EFL1 - Round 7 - Real Madrid 3 - 2 Napoli
                  CL - Game 2 - PSG 3 - 0 Real Madrid
                  EFL1 - Round 8 - Barcelona 4 - 5 Real Madrid
                  EFL1 - Round 9 - Real Madrid 6 - 2 Bayer Leverkusen
                  DOM Cup - Round 3 - Real Madrid 3 - 6 PSG
                  EFL1 - Round 10 - PSG 1 - 0 Real Madrid

Comment

EFL1 - Round 11
                    Real Madrid 2 - 1 Real Sociedad

A battle of the Reals. We went two up in the 2nd half against a Sociedad team who have been doing well this season. Rodrygo then got himself sent off and we seemed to be holding on a bit as Kimpembe went off injured too as Sociedad pulled one back. We were happy for the final whistle to go when it did, we was on the backfoot down to the ten men. 3 points in the bag though and we move onto a crucial Champions League tie at home to Chelsea. We both have a striker out, although we do also have Kimpembe out as well for a 2 week spell on the physios table which gives the real AB at Chelski a bit of an edge going into the big midweek game. GG Freddie.

CL - Game 3
                    Real Madrid 0 - 1 Chelsea

Ahh, annoying result. Got the tactics right with C/E vs C up into 60 minutes but Chelsea got the all important first goal. We then went on the attack but to be honest didn't really muster much and didn't threaten to get the goal back really. Deflating result, that put's us right up against it. Chelsea away next and then PSG. We never beat PSG so we need a result in London or we are facing an early exit at the group stages for the first time in years for this club. GG AB.

EFL1 - Round 12
                    Real Madrid 1 - 2 Lazio

Disapointing result. Can't buy a win at the moment. We edged an even ish game, took the lead through a Rodrygo pen, but Lazio came back into it and ended up winning 1 - 2. GG Drum. Good result for you, I did say you had a great shot at the CL spots.​

February Word Count - 1,380 words

Post 9; (1,067 words)
                    EFL1 - Round 10 - PSG 1 - 0 Real Madrid​
                    Post 10; (313 words)
                    EFL1 - Round 11 - Real Madrid 2 - 1 Real Sociedad
                    CL - Game 3 - Real Madrid 0 - 1 Chelsea
                    EFL1 - Round 12 - Real Madrid 1 - 2 Lazio​​​​

Comment

EFL1 - Round 13 - RB Leipzig 0 - 5 Real Madrid

This was a potentially tricky game due to the news coming in at the 11th hour that Matt Buxton had resigned from RBL on the day of the game. We had worked all week in training towards one way of playing and had set up as such. That late in the day, it was too late to make big changes, so just a small change was made and I expected us to face some much different tactics than we had prepared for, and with Gaz being in charge I predicted a C or a N. We got the N but at the end of the day, we refound our Galatico form and made an easy game of it. Towards the end we got some good mins for our squaddies in and we making good progress towards those goals. Next up Chelsea in the Champs League!​

​February Word Count - 2,121 words

Post 9; (1,067 words)
                      EFL1 - Round 10 - PSG 1 - 0 Real Madrid​
                      Post 10; (313 words)
                      EFL1 - Round 11 - Real Madrid 2 - 1 Real Sociedad
                      CL - Game 3 - Real Madrid 0 - 1 Chelsea
                      EFL1 - Round 12 - Real Madrid 1 - 2 Lazio​​​​
                      Post 11; (157 words)
                      EFL1 - Round 13 - RB Leipzig 0 - 5 Real Madrid
                      Media reply to "Bradwell, Edwards, Banks threesome causes major controversy"​ (14 words)
                      Media article: Storytime with Steven K "The Miscreants' Tale" (570 words)​

Comment

​March Word Count - 2,062 words

Post 1; (1,448 words)

Champions League - Game 4
                        Chelsea 1 - 2 Real Madrid

Another even game, Chelsea edged this one slightly on the stats although it didn't read that way. Was visa versa in the game we had prior at home when Chelsea won. So a win apiece for both of us. This was a crucial win for us, it was pretty much an inflection point for the group. The win still gives us a chance with both Madrid and Villa on the same amount of points, Chelsea are not far behind if they beat Villa they are right back in it and it's not home and dry for PSG - but with the GD and the remaining fixtures you'd have to put us as odd's against qualifying at this point with a game against PSG and away to Villa to come. That said, we will be giving it a red hot crack.

EFL1 - Round 14
                        Real Madrid 2 - 0 Roma

The scent of fear wafted through the air as the "Fake Galacticos" lined up with a defensive strategy, a far cry from the supoosed Roma Way. The Roman wall proved porous as the leagues leading scorer, Rodrygo, breached their defenses on 27 minutes, followed by Sterling doubling the lead on 52 mins. Despite Roma missing a penalty, their on-field performance was to be honest, nothing short of inept.

In a tactical masterclass, the true Galacticos nullified and countered every move Roma made from the first whistle to the last. The supposed treble-chasing Roma found themselves outplayed and outclassed on the night with a shot count of 18-9.

Roma's pre-match bravado, threatening to turn off the lights at the Bernabeu on their way out, proved to be nothing more than a feeble attempt to unsettle Madrid through the media. This tactic backfired spectacularly, with eggs on the face of Hughes, reminiscent of the last time they tried such tactics in the media earlier this season, resulting in their elimination from the cup at their own home ground.

An embarrassing display all round from Roma. Madrid, once again, demonstrated that there's plenty of life left in the big dog.

EFL1 - Round 15
                        AC Milan 3 - 4 Real Madrid

Took a bit of a risk here playing attack away from home against one the leagues shining lights this season. Such cavalier tactics could have seen us put to the pointy end of the sword on any other given day given the prowess of the home side at the formidable San Siro (Or whatever GS wants to calls it).

We did envisage that ACM may well try do a Number on us though, so we decided to stand back on 30 minutes and try to line up our sneaky Pee Pee up to the Milan backside, ready for a rough entry. But it seemed Jason wanted a little nice massage and tickle first before he would allow any such frivolities and/or play from Madrid to his side.

So take a step back, and it was back to how it was with the full agro mode. We found ourselves 3-2 down and with our sub keeper on the pitch for over two thirds of the game, one might say that we looked a spent force at the San Siro with just minutes left on the clock.

However, as I mentioned in our last round win over Roma - there is still plenty of fight left in this big dog. We threw the kitchen sink at em. Tadic came on for our DM. Finally, the Milan defence who have been playing like prime Maldini and Baresi all season, buckled, and buckled hard. Madrid had lubed it up just a little too much as first Doku forced one in on 87 minutes and Rodrygo on 88 minutes followed him in to have their wicked ways to secure the three points for RM.

An expected win. But a hard fought one. And one that could be very costly for RM with Donnaruma now out injured for 3 games. 2 big league games and an ultra important CL tie against PSG. PSG themslves faded a GK injury spell just last week so this was annoying, but as Man Utd proved the other season against City in the CL Final, it can be done, and we do have a half decent sub keeper.

EFL1 - Round 16
                        Real Madrid 1 - 2 Sporting Lisbon

Was always going to be a dodgy game with our keeper out for 3 games possibly ruining our entire season. Donnaruma misses this game, the Juve game and the CL game. During this game we won the stats 15-7 on shots and 22-10 on chances despite being down to 10 men with a red card for Sterling on just 33 minutes. It feels like we were hard done by here. Especially so as Sterling's red card and Van Dijk's late yellow card means both of those will miss the next game too verses Juve. So we have 3 out verses Juve and 2 out for the CL vs PSG including our keeper for both. Great timing. We lost and we move on.

EFL1 - Round 17
                        Juventus 0 - 5 Real Madrid

I think this game was perhaps first goal wins, and we needed some luck to get the first goal and we got that. It was an even game with the key stat seeming to be Juve being wasteful with their shots off target which protected our weak sub goalkeeper, while we got more of ours on target and was clinical about it. An impressive win from us, but somewhat of a lucky one against the controversial manager Bulldog Bob. "I wasn't even there" it was said to be claimed by AB when told of the thrashing suffered at home to his former club Madrid. Despite being a melt, AB is a good solid manager, who also have 5 league titles with RM, so I won't rub his nose in too much with this win. Good game. I'm praying for similar luck verses PSG midweek, we will need it.

Champions League - Game 5
                        Real Madrid 2 - 1 PSG

This was a bit of a shot in the dark for us. We laboured over two different tactical options for this game. The one we chose was a bit brave, it was our biggest shot to get a result against the various options considering our circumstances with our keeper and one of our best defenders out - but it was also risky as there was a good chance Ed would counter us if he plumped right. We stuck in some war-game scenarios into our sheet, some secret sauce if you will, and hoped for the best but expected the worst with a 22 rated keeper between the sticks.

The game kicked off and I didn't like what I was seeing. PSG had set up to initially counter us and I thought we was too rigid at the back. So in what turned out to be a bit of a tactical masterstroke, I decided to sub off our 18 rated DM that we took a chance playing in the very first minute and throw on Tadic to exploit the space I had spotted. Jose eat your heart out!

Who knows, that change, could have changed the course of the match, and perhaps history. We went on to lead 2-0 before we decided to shut up shop, but PSG made things nervy reducing the defecit to just one in the second half. We then pulled down the shop shutters as well late in the game to secure a famous and important win, and one that will give us much confidence. Not many teams have defeated PSG over the last 40-50 games.

Donnarumma who is back for the next game but has underperformed this season, could find his spot in the team under threat now from the sub keeper S_Burchert who has performed well when called upon in the last two games against PSG and Juve.

This was do or die for us though in the CL and we live to fight another day. The group has been extremely tough and competative though, so we will need to be at our best and at full strength if we are to get anything from our visit to Villa Park for the final game.

EFL1 - Round 18
                        Real Madrid 3 - 0 Borussia Dortmund

Good performance from the lads today! Rodrygo and Sterling on fire with sublime goals. Defensive resilience and a solid team effort to break down the initial D. Unfortunate injury to Varane, but the squad stepped up. Three points secured, fans deserve it! Next up is a tough game against Celtic who are always improving. Hala Madrid!

MEDIA
                        Media article 1: Magic Mike to Real Madrid and Bayern's Head-Scratching Swaps (414 words)​
                        Media article 2: Breaking Transfer News: David de Gea Returns to Real Madrid from Lazio (200 words)​

Comment

April Word Count - 1,841 words

Post 1; (1,841 words)

EFL1 - Round 19
                          Celtic 1 - 3 Real Madrid

I thought Celtic might pull a little N out of the old basket, but that hasn't worked against Madrid the last few times now so was quite happy to face it, especially if it's not going to be used optimally which it wasn't. Was quite confident coming into the game and decided to rest Sterling for this one and get some mins into the legs of an 18 rater, partly also to ensure Sterling didn't get a booking that would mean he missed the CL. Celtic did well in the game stats wise, but I feel it was the quality of our shots which won through for us on the night and it was a hard fought but deserved three points.

Next up is the crunch tie against Aston Villa.

Champions League - Game 6
                          Aston Villa 1 - 4 Real Madrid

I'd like to firstly say, that it's been a really enjoyable group, so credit to all particpants including Chelsea, it felt like a real group of death and a battle to the bell of the 12th round.

Villa are former CL finalists, we know that because we beat them in said final, so we knew to give them the full respect and to prepare properly. That being said, they sprung a suprise on us with an E set-up. I didn't think they really had the players for a good E, and they might not, so I had discounted that option almost, especially as we often go A. However the luck was on our side as that and home advantage didn't seem to matter, perhaps if they had players more suited to E we could have been in trouble. Doku was the star man scoring twice, but in the second half we ran away with it really as we switched to N and retook the advantage away from Villla. A great performance from our team to win the group, and we go on to face one of Man Utd, Inter Milan and Leeds. Good effort Ian.

In the other games, PSG saw nervy times as they went behind to a penalty from Chelsea, but came back to win the game and they go through. Elsewhere of note I see Southampton turned out the lights out on Roma's dismal Champions League campaign once again. Maybe one day, Derek.

EFL1 - Round 20
                          Real Madrid 5 - 0 Rangers

The Talbot Express (™ Drum) smashed it's way through another failed N attempt from an opposition team. This time we were ready with a passing approach showing we can mix it up well and keep the plebians guessing. Was a great day for RM. Win by 5 goals. PSG lose. Roma only draw at home. We also secure the signature of one of the best defenders in the game Min Jae, for a princely sum. GG Aaaron.

EFL1 - Round 21
                          Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Real Madrid

Really annoying loss this one, as a win would have put us top with the results elsewhere. I expected us to turn up and roll through Munich like a panzer tank. It didn't happen. Back to the trenches we go with the sound of Steven K bellowng "what about my unaswered question" over and over again on the way back to the front lines.

Reset and go again. We will pop our heads up over the parapet next against Leeds and hope for a better performance and result.

CL QF Leg One
                          Leeds United 0 - 4 Real Madrid

A poor performance against Bayern is followed up by a rebound big win against the Premership Champions Leeds United. To win by 4 goals at Elland Road was a big result in the 1st leg and gives us some breathing room for the 2nd leg, although with the score at 0-4 at half time I would have prefered a 5th and 6th goal just to make sure so that we could play some squaddies in the 2nd leg. Still a long way to go in this one against the best of the prem. GG Tim.

EFL1 - Round 22
                          Inter Milan 2 - 4 Real Madrid

Inter away is a very tough fixture for anyone so we was delighted to walk away with the three points after a top performance. Everyone seemed to be in fine fickle in this game, we played well and edged the game but Inter more than played their part. The Talbot Express's engine starting to purr away nicely now that it's getting fully warmed up. Next up is a tricky game against Monaco.

EFL1 - Round 23
                          Real Madrid 7 - 1 Monaco

Seventh heaven for the Madrid as the Galatico's acsend to the top of the EFL1 table, a milestone achieved for the first time this season. This was a resounding victory over Monaco and RM can take a lot of pride out of this performance. Monaco really tried in this game and made every effort to make it difficult for us. They didn't walk into any of our tactics and even at one point tried to keep the score down with a D when 4 down. Full credit to Monaco this result probably flattered us, but we will take a lot of confidence from this nonetheless. GG Johnboy.

Next up is the Champions League were we have a 4 goal cushion against Leeds United, but stranger things have happened so we need to be on our toes for that one.

CL QF Leg Two
                          Real Madrid 4 - 1 Leeds United (Madrid win 8-1 on aggregate)

The Galaticos smash the Premiership's reigning champions for the 2nd game in a row, to come away destructive winners by a 7 goal margin over the two games. The damage was done in the first game really, and tonight was almost a formality and we just had to make sure we covered the bases of anything weird happening. Thank's for coming Leeds.

All the favourites seemed to win their quarter final ties, so the semi finals are a murderers row of teams. Every single one of them a tough opponent. Let's see who comes out the hat for Madrid but on this form not many will want to see our name come out for them.

EFL1 - Round 24
                          Marseille 1 - 6 Real Madrid

Our scouting team was spot on for this one, as we predicted the home side would retain the same tactic and formation as they played during the mid week cup games. Meaning we would face an E and a 17 rated goalkeeper, with a defender for them out too. Obviously we optimised as such and I was hoping for a 9+ goal count for us. Although we did get 66 shots away, 35 of those was off target. Of course this is a ratio we cannot control. A better roll on the on/off would have resulted in a 10 goal + count so we have to be a bit disapointed on that front. Don't worry Euan, let the critisms roll off your back and I'm sure once your keeper is back and with a mix up of your tactics Marseille can climb off the bottom of the league. GG.

Next up is a tough game with ATM. They have transfered one of their injured players so their chances have improved. We have to consider if we want to play Rodrygo in this game or not with a booking seeing him miss the next 2 games including the CL Semi Final.

EFL1 - Round 25
                          Real Madrid 1 - 0 Atletico Madrid

A tight technical affair in this game were both sides obtained the tactical bonus at various points. We started with P and obtained it but perhaps swiched away too soon to A, however unconventionally this worked and Sterling got the only goal of the game for an important three points. The players get to put their feet up for the first time this season mid week with us being out of the domestic cup, but at least we won't pick up any further cards or injuries with the additional game. Some players are in tricky positions DP wise so we will need to manage that the best we can. GG Marshy.

EFL1 - Round 26
                          Napoli 2 - 2 Real Madrid

Sterling and Rodrygo was on the bench for this one, a game we should have won on paper and on the night. An 89th minute equiliser from Napoli meant it was too late for Madrid to stage a comeback, despite an obvious last minute penalty shout from sub Rodrygo being denied and outright ignored by the perhaps, mafia bribed Naples home ref.​

EFL1 - Round 27
                          Real Madrid 2 - 1 Barcelona

Madrid complete the El Clásico double this season, but this time it was against Manchester United's Steve Outten, rather than Talbot's big rival Graeme Edwards who earlier in the week had decided to step aside after a poor season. Edwards will always be rememberd and go down in history for his Champions League wins and his dodgy 3-way deals.

But tonight Madrid faced an Outten led side which was interesting as next up for Real Madrid after this fixture, will be another clash with Outten's main club Manchester United in the Champions League semi finals. Some observers thought that Outten may use the opportunity to set his teams aggression to 20 to try and crop the Madrid Galaticos but Talbot did not think Outten would stoop to that level.

A clean game of football took place and despite Barca getting a late goal to take the lead, unlike the Napoli game this time there was time to come back into the game and goals from super sub Tadic and Sterling took home a famous win that keeps Madrid top of the league. GG Steve.

CL SF Leg One
                          Manchester United 1 - 4 Real Madrid

Big game against a team that I think could hold their own in EFL1. The Galacticos delivered an outstanding performance, securing a three-goal lead heading into the second leg. Although Utd was without Fati, their recent acquisition ASM from Inter, who is only slightly less potent than Fati by 2 seconds, mitigated the impact of his absence. Utd boasts a formidable squad with ample depth, offering numerous options in personnel and tactics so I didn't feel this weakened them in any way significantly.

At halftime, with a 2-1 lead, we felt in command. However, Utd suffered a setback as Porro, once a Madrid target in the pre season auction, was sent off for a second reckless challenge. While it's always regrettable to see a red card in such a pivotal match, Los Blancos maintained control and capitalised on United's vulnerability, adding two more goals. Frankly, it's frustrating that we couldn't secure a fifth goal to potentially seal the tie. Nevertheless, we're not counting our chickens yet; the tie remains open, and anything can happen before the conclusion. GG, SteveO.

EFL1 - Round 28
                          Bayer Leverkusen 0 - 4 Real Madrid

We need to be careful with our DP at the moment with the CL in mind, so rested Doku for this one. Sterling jumped up front and the reliable Tadic came into the side from the bench to fill Sterlings spot in AM. Tadic has been a bargin buy from Roma and has contributed 11 goals so far this season mostly from the bench or filling in when needed. Money well spent, and he proved so again today with another goal. Leverkusen tired to make it tricky with an L approach, but Madrid still found the openeings needed and wound up earning another three points.

Next up is PSG and an opportunity to go 6 points ahead of them.
                          Last edited by Steve@Chelsea; 28-04-2024, 06:17 PM.

Comment

April Word Count - 2,059 words

Post 2; (218 words)

EFL 1 - Round 29
                            Real Madrid 1 - 0 PSG

A real six-pointer game in the title race. Both sides set up cautiously at the start but Madrid opened up in the 2nd half with a mix of passing and attack and right towards the end Guimaraes scored the winning goal in the 87th minute. PSG made changes but it was too late to have much effect and Madrid ended the game unlucky not to add a 2nd goal. Overall, Real Madrid deserved the win and now go 4 clear of Roma, and 6 clear of PSG. GG.

Hopefully now Ed Clark and PSG, and Derek and Roma will ackowledge me. All throughout the season it has seen both managers totally overlooking us and counting out our abilities. It looks like there is a chance, that attitude might now come to bite them on their bums. For Ed, it was all Roma this, and Roma that. For Derek, it was some nonesense about turning the lights out at Madrid. All these comments look very silly now. We will take each game as it comes going forward, and are very experienced in these situations so we know what to do.

Whatever happens, we are showing both of those teams that you should never understimate the real bad guys of FFO.​

Comment

Working...
                            X